Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Getting Old

“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be.
There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing.
We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it.
And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before.
I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of.
If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.”

― Eric Roth, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Screenplay





(goodreads)



Well, getting old is indeed scary
If only we all can be Wendy
Having Peter who would gladly bring you to the Neverland whenever you change your mind


But why exactly does getting old scare us?
Age is merely a number
Is it the need to be 'more adult'-ish as you age?

.. But what is an adult?






Hmm.. that is what google said



a person who is fully grown or developed
emotionally and mentally mature

*sigh*




I think, personally, this 'adult' thing is only part of it
Grown, developed, emotionally and mentally mature are not something you can control or, in fact, measure
But surely it is something you will definitely gain as you're getting old
Even if you do nothing
So what's the need to be afraid?


I suppose most of the fear comes from the pressure of what we think other people expect us to be
Or what we, ourselves, expect us to be
Hmm.. The first one is definitely not something we have to waste our energy for
Thinking about our expectations is already exhausting, let alone other people's
While the second is something that is so complicated, that I would be able to talk about for hours
And that is not what I intended to do when I decided to write this post


Bu the point is, there is nothing to be afraid of
When you think that it's getting hard
Don't forget that everyone around you is also struggling
It's just natural
That's what life is
Even a mosquito need to be in danger just for a drop of blood


Laughing, crying, complaining, getting angry, are all natural
It's just the way it is
Ah, I just realized, getting afraid is also natural then
Well, it is. Hahaa


But always remember this:

...لَا يُكَلِّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْسًا إِلَّا وُسْعَهَا
"On no soul doth Allah place a burden greater than it can bear"
(2 : 286)



Life is difficult
Indeed
But you are strong
So what?



“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.”
― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan




Panjang yaa..hahaa
Selamat ulang tahun!
I wish you all the best thing that life could offer!
:)


“You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming?
That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.”
― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Share:

0 comments: