Sunday, April 02, 2017

the Road not Taken

If you ever be given the ability to turn back time or to see the future, which one you will choose?



Hmm, both sounds so tempting, huh?

To go back means that you can change whatever things you regret
Whatever things you want to change

But what if, what if even if you go back and you change something, it won't turn out as what you expect?
Are you sure that there were only two paths to choose?
But isn't life is like the web of paths?
How many times will you go back to make it as what you wish for?


To go to the future means that you can see what you will be and what will happen next in your life
It's basically the same as to go back
You can make experiments in what you need to change in order to alter your future as what you want

But are you sure that changing the path will help you in reaching your selected end?
How certain are you that the result will make you satisfied?


Hmm
There are high uncertainties in both options
What if (but I'm quite sure of this) changing your past or your future will also change others', (un)intentionally?
Are you going to be responsible for the changing life of all these people?

What if, changing it will end up making it worse? or making it more complicated?
What if, changing it gives you more regret?
What if, you end up wasting your time in your experiment and falling deeper in your disappointment?
What if, whatever you do, there is only one end, the unseen end?
But there is indeed only one end, tho



That's why, I will use the right to stay
I have the privilege of choosing my path in my present time, right?

Then I choose to turn down the offer
Not because I have no regret, or that I want nothing in my future
I have a lot for both

It's just because life is already complicated enough without adding some extra variables
Would like to be grateful for everything I have for now, while try to do my very best in deciding my path for tomorrow


To do something for the unpredictable yet exciting future
That's the art of living, in my definition



“Whichever path you choose, there are always lingering thoughts of the road not taken.
That’s why there are no choices without regrets and no one right answer to life.
The right answer to life is to believe that you don’t regret your past choices and live on.”

- Samchunpo, in Reply 1994

Share:

0 comments: